Thursday 4 February 2010

Low Price DC Comic Barbie Doll: Poison Ivy


Another gorgeous Comic Book Barbie! This is so far my favorite out of the "Pink Box" line of Comic Barbies (DC Direct's CatWoman gets #1!). The thick, wavey bright red hair is so soft & beautiful and the face sculpt & paint are awesome (look at those sinister eyebrows)! The costume is absolutely fabulous, and as another comment said, the BOOTS are to die for!!
Why do I say she is "tacky"? It's in reference to her actual body: she's ALL tacky skinned bendy body. Gross. I don't know about the rest of the adult collectors, but I just can't stand that bendy body & it's tacky surface. I have cats, and the fur just clings to the "skin"! So, I removed the head, and put it on another Barbie body with the same skin tone (not easy to find since Poison Ivy is very fair skinned). That's when I found out that her outfit will ONLY fit on the bendy body with 2 exceptions: 1. Teen Skipper/ Francie- but the boots won't fit their feet; 2. Belly Button body with hard plastic legs (like the Catwoman Barbie). I had to go buy a Delancey on Vespa doll just to get a hard-plastic body with enough of a light complection to both match the head and fit the suit... and the suit still stretched a bit going on that!
Also, the stand that comes with the doll does not hold her up properly. I had to steal a stand from a Fashion Fever doll to make Ivy stand up.
So, unless you like the full bendy-body type Barbies, and you don't mind it laying around & getting dust bunnies stuck to it, be prepared to do some work to make your Poison Ivy "user friendly". Or, leave her in the box for display :DGet more detail about DC Comic Barbie Doll: Poison Ivy.

No comments:

Post a Comment