Tuesday 1 December 2009

Buying Littlest Pet Shop LPSO Virtual Pets - PENQUIN


I just bought 3 of the LPSO for my 3 kids, and what I expected was that it would work in sync with the VIP pets. Now, usually I check reviews and such for products, but I didn't think that was necessary so I'm hoping this will help someone from making the same mistake I did. It took me quite some time to even figure out the LPSO and VIP pets were different, only when I decided to try [...] did I realize that not only the sites are different, but that VIP is, I believe, run by hasbro, where LPSO is run be EA.

The LPSO site is not intuitive at all and the setup process is ridiculous, it took me about 15 tries for me to create a username for my daughter that the site thought was "acceptable", apparently "princess" is profanity. After I got the 3 of my kids accounts set up, plus the parent account, I had to register their pets, which either hasn't worked yet (I entered the code but the pet doesn't show up - I still have to call customer service) - or - they give you 3 pets to create on your own, so maybe you're supposed to create a carbon copy of the pet you bought? (Which you can't - because it doesn't have patterns like the pets do) If that's the case then my kids will be heartbroken when they find out that they can't actually have their pet they picked to play online. They also give you a "free" pet to create - which my daughter was excited about - til we found out that we had to become a paid member to create it. Another heartbreak moment - thanks EA.

Next, the "world" they have to play in is so small that it's pretty much useless. The kids were bored within 1/2 hour - you have to pay the $7 a month to explore the whole map from what I can tell, unless I'm missing something, but I work on websites for a living so I'm not an inexperienced user. Oh, I forgot to mention that you can't use your VIP pets on this site so plan on starting a new collection for the kids if you already have a VIP collection like mine do. They're pretty upset that they can't use their new pets on the VIP site, which is a million times better and way more fun if you don't way to pay a fee. Ok, I could probably go on, but you get the picture - hope this helps someone.Get more detail about Littlest Pet Shop LPSO Virtual Pets - PENQUIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment